The following summarizes basic information about NCC.
For more details please refer to various links within the home page.
- At each location we offer residential, all day and morning only programs for 6-18 year olds.
- NCC camps offer a wonderful opportunity to sample college life and are ideal for experienced as well as first time campers.
- NCC selects college and university camp locations that provide excellent academic, recreation and residence facilities.
- Each camp's director is on location every day 24 hours per day.
- Tuition cost per week (Sun-Fri): day camp price $895 includes lunches and dinners, residential camp $1,095 includes all meals.
- Residential campers who attend more than 1 week may stay at camp for the weekend. The fee for the weekend is $245.
- The tuition refund policy is described in detail in the camp application.
- Residential camper schedule: arrive Sunday at 1pm and depart Friday at 2pm.
- Day camper schedule: Sunday 2pm to 9:30pm (optional after 7pm). Monday - Thursday campers arrive 8:45am
and are picked up any time as of 5pm and no later than 9:30pm.
There is no extra charge for the extended day. Friday 8:45am to 2pm. Day campers may be dropped off as early as 7:45am.
The extra fee for early drop off is $60 per week and includes daily breakfast.
- Morning camp is available to 6-8 year olds. Camp is Monday-Friday from 8:45 to 11:30. The tuition is $325 per week.
- Campers may attend several weeks. The curriculum is continuous with no repetition from week to week.
- Coed ages 6-18 with computer backgrounds from absolute beginner to super advanced.
- We accept applications until we are booked.
- At camp all the computers are networked and connected to the Internet.
- At each location, each week, all courses are offered for beginner to advanced campers.
- During instruction campers are grouped by background and by age.
- During instruction and during free time NCC provides each camper with his/her "own" computer.
- The camper to staff ratio is 5:1.
- The curriculum consists of 12 major areas: video game design, computer languages, web page design, 3D printing,
digital video production, software applications, QR programming, Android App programming, Minecraft and Modding, Network+ certification, A+ hardware certification
and PSAT and SAT math preparation (see Curriculum).
- Campers select the course(s) they want to take at camp on the Course Selection Form that
is mailed to the campers upon receipt of the application (see Forms and see Courses).
- Creative computing is part of the Computer+Computer
option and is offered daily from 3pm to 4pm (see Schedule).
- Application software includes Photoshop, 3-D Graphics, Web Animation, Podcasting, Flash, Networking, Power
Point, Excel and Robot Battle (see Courses).
- Computer languages: Each week beginner, intermediate and advanced level instruction is offered in each computer language:
- Boy scouts and girl scouts can earn a computer merit badge at camp.
- An optional sports program is available.
- International students are welcome. Each year we have campers attend from many countries. NCC will assist with visas.
- A camp reference list is automatically mailed to all who request a brochure.
To receive your copy, e-mail references@NCCamp.com or call (203) 710-5771.
- Residential campers are assigned roommates by age unless a specific roommate is requested on the camp application.
- All meals are prepared for NCC by the
university food service and are served in the university dining
hall. Campers select among a variety of hot and cold entrees
served buffet style; also available are deli, salad, desert,
and soda bars. Campers are free to go back for seconds and thirds.
Special diets may be accommodated upon request.
- A list of what to bring to camp is mailed to campers upon registration. The list is also on line - see Forms.
- Campers may receive visitors or telephone calls daily from 9am to 9pm.
- Financial aid and scholarships are not available. However, NCC will occasionally grant under special circumstances a courtesy discount.
- Tax Break: Campers may qualify for a special tax credit. Refer to Publication 503, Child and Dependent Care Expenses available on the IRS website.
- Students who are 16 years old prior to camp and who attended NCC for at least one year, are eligible to apply for a Counselor In Training (CIT) position.
- National Computer Camps' great point of pride is the large number of returning campers, counselors and directors.
- Please click here if you would like to view a comparison of NCC with two other major computer camps.