The following objectives serve as guidelines in conducting camp at NCC
- Provide a safe and secure environment for campers by supervising all camp activities with a competent and a well-trained staff.
- Computer camp is not a summer school, but rather a place where learning and fun are rolled into one and where the campers’ self esteem is of foremost importance.
- Introduce computer concepts and techniques and thus provide a general appreciation of the power and limitations of computers.
- Teach computer programming in several languages and for all levels of experience and provide a suitable basis for subsequent study in high school or university settings.
- Teach age appropriate application software covering topics such as video game design, cryptography, graphics and animation, sound, networking, spread sheets, slide shows, etc.
- Familiarize campers with the Internet and teach campers how to write their own home page.
- Encourage creativity by providing opportunities for campers to explore and discover, for example through game design and video production.
- Provide a technical, social and moral perspective of the role of computers in society.
- Use the computer as a motivational instrument to stimulate interest in science, mathematics and the arts.
- Provide a proper balance between educational and recreational computer usage.
- Offer an optional sports program and encourage campers to participate.
- Hours of instruction, a wide-range of topics, good practice exercises and a favorable camper to staff ratio all help campers to “learn by doing”.
NCC empowers campers to learn and reach their potential. The computer world belongs to those who realize its potential.