The following objectives serve as guidelines in conducting camp at NCC
- Provide a safe and secure environment for campers by supervising all camp activities with a competent and a well-trained staff.
- Computer camp is not a summer school, but rather a place where learning and fun are rolled into one and where the campers’ self esteem is of foremost importance.
- Introduce computer concepts and techniques and thus provide a general appreciation of the power and limitations of computers.
- Teach computer programming in several languages and for all levels of experience and provide a suitable basis for subsequent study in high school or university settings.
- Teach age appropriate application software covering topics such as video game design, cryptography, graphics and animation, sound, networking, spread sheets, slide shows, etc.
- Familiarize campers with the Internet and teach campers how to write their own home page.
- Encourage creativity by providing opportunities for campers to explore and discover, for example through game design and video production.
- Provide a technical, social and moral perspective of the role of computers in society.
- Use the computer as a motivational instrument to stimulate interest in science, mathematics and the arts.
- Provide a proper balance between educational and recreational computer usage.
- Offer an optional sports program and encourage campers to participate.
- Hours of instruction, a wide-range of topics, good practice exercises and a favorable camper to staff ratio all help campers to “learn by doing”.
NCC empowers campers to learn and reach their potential and NCC also recognizes that inside every programmer is a better programmer.
The computer world belongs to those who realize its potential.